Will my Windows Phone apps be available free on the Surface?
- Part two…
- Me: I have a Windows Phone. Will my Windows Phone apps be available free on a Windows RT device? (If I buy the Surface can I get the same apps I have on my Lumia 900?)
- Justin: That's a great question~!
- Justin: I'm still looking up an answer for you. Thanks so much for your patience!
- Justin: I'm afraid I'm not able to find a definitive answer to that question, unfortunately.
- Justin: Those apps are going to be available for all of your Windows 8 devices. However, I can't find definitive information on whether you'll be able to install the same apps on multiple devices, or whether you'll need to purchase multiple copies to do so.
Which Surface device is the tablet and which one is the ultrabook?
- Is it me, or is the naming and branding of Windows flavors just as confusing as it has always been? (In fairness this is the first time Microsoft is shipping their own hardware running Windows.) So, on today's announcement that the Surface is available, I took my questions to their store chat…//
- Justin: How can I help?
- Me: Which Surface device is the tablet and which one is the ultrabook?
- Justin: The one that's out right now is a tablet. The next one we don't have a release date for is more like an ultrabook.
- Justin: Windows 8 RT is an edition of Windows that comes pre-installed on a chip as firmware. Unlike Windows 8 and Windows 8 Pro, it is only capable of running and installing applications from the Windows Store online.